Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I was very happy to be the chosen vessel to take Grace and Zuri to thier 6-week midwife appointment!

Zuri wasn't so sure about this weigh-in contraption. It was so cute the way she grabbed a hold of it! She now weighs 8lbs 2oz. That's 4oz less than Grace weighed at birth

However it was a VERY long ride home when the snow started coming down and the wind started blowing. It took an hour to travel about 20 miles. I was considering a hotel room when the temperature seemed to rise and the road became wet and visible instead of the three foot visibility I had previously been driving in! We made it home safely only to leave and head up north in similiar harrowing conditions! Oi Vey!

UPDATE:

Now that I am watching TiVo'd episodes on TV I see there were "severe winter storm warnings" for the area we were driving in. Todays paper reports there were 15 car accidents last night. "A few rollovers, but most were cars sliding off the road." Say Ya to da U.P. eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

much better :-) and you deleted my comment!...I was going to tell you, I'm going to steal these pictures! ha ha. I love the first one!

Anonymous said...

Joni

Your grandchildren are beautiful and growing up fast. It will be nice to see all of you soon.

I'm glad you made it home safe through those horrible travel conditions.
Lisa