Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scenes from Cornerstone:

Wow. I am tired. I am realizing afresh today that camping takes a ton out of you. I still have pics to get from Graces computer, but I have enough here to post a bit about Cornerstone. Keep in mind these are last-day photos. We were not this wiped out all week!!

Cornerstone is full of interesting characters! We listened to this guy, Brian Welch, former member of "Korn" share his testimony. Though not the most prolific speaker, it was a genuine, heartfelt story of one mans journey into the drugged out life of a rock star who came to the end of himself and found Jesus:

The hills are alive with the sound of Music! Here is a scene from the "Main Stage." I had hoped to capture all the color and movement. But it doesn't do it justice. Kids are playing games, people are eating and talking and music is playing. It was a great "Pine-Knobish" place to hang out. (nope, that is not me in the front. Just some lady pretending to be me)

Same scene at night for our candlelight communion service:


Some, however: were a bit worn out from the previous three days of concerts and sun and lack of sleep and collapsed amongst the crowd. I came upon this sleeping trio, and had to laugh at Zuri as she was grinning away in their midst and ready to party!

We really loved David Crowder! What a great show! Here's a scene to give you a feel for the concert. Sorry, my camera cannot pick up concert music!!



Fireworks shot off from the lake after the amazing David Crowder concert. The fireworks were surprisingly good!

Matt and Bethany joined us on Saturday. They hadn't been there the previous three days of hot sun, loud music, and long walks, so notice how fresh and happy they are in the midst of zombie-esque campers. They leave this week end for Albequerque!!!! yay and boo!

po, po, little Hannah Belle. The usual spark was breifly extinguished when she had some sun stroke and was sick all day Saturday. She took refuge in the shade under the truck. I found a spot by the lake for us weary people later and we enjoyed rest and shade together.

My pictures and videos by no means do this unique event justice. There are well over 100 bands, 14 stages, seminars, games, and about 14,000 people. You can check it out here if you are interested: http://www.cornerstonefestival.com/2008/index.cfm

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm still so jealous about missing David Crowder. even though it sounded terrible on that vid, it still looked awesome.

Joni Scott said...

Yeah.. good thing it sounded good there!

Ken said...

Welcome back! I for one was wondering where you were, having seen no posts for lo these many weeks. But I've also been quite busy, and it seems that some church (especially teen) events will keep me in that mode for a couple more weeks...

Anonymous said...

I posted, just briefly.
so much to say, such little time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun time.

That lady in that picture shure did look like you from a distance.