Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas gifts

I am curious what everyones favorite gifts of the season were this year? It can be practical, spiritual, or sentimental. A little of all the above would be awesome!


I guess my favorite materialistic gift would be Microsoft Office 2007. (someone say "woot") This was awesome because I did not even know there was an Office 2007! I have been suffering along with "Works Word," vaguely hoping to one day have Office 2003, and BAM! I put that 2007 in the computer and wowza! It is sooooo awesome!!! And I especially enjoyed it because it was a complete surprise. Thank-you my Husband.


Sentimentally, I loved the candle from Grace because it was personalized with Hosannas own artistic painting, as well as a picture of my two sweetest grandbabies.


Spiritually, I loved having our "House Church meeting" with my kids there to participate in the sharing and singing and fellowshipping.


So... your turn!


As you ponder what to comment here are some scenes from our Christmas season:







My Christmas surprise this year was Gracie showing up with her younger siblings so I had grandbabies to cuddle and someone to help make scrambled eggs and cinamon rolls. (we thought of you, Bethany, as we enjoyed all the gooey cinamon and sugar)






No Holiday is complete without our whimsical Hannah to keep us smiling



Nerf tag was played throughout the house with Hosanna keeping pace with the boys with as much stealth and muscle as any one of them!










My own surprise "given gift" was a mandolin for Luke. I never expected to find a decent one in our price range and I was praying that the Lord would help me. He did! We found a refurbished number that will make a great starter instrument for our budding musician.



As I stated last post.. son Luke is also Uncle extraordinaire:


6 comments:

Bethany said...

ha, I wanna see more pics of Hosanna all decked out for nerf tag.

Anonymous said...

hosanna sure does love uncle yuke.

Ken said...

My favorite gift turned out to be a game called "BANG!" and the fun times we had with it. It's a complicated game -- it has almost as many rules as the Old Testament, and requires continual referencing of these rules...

But you know how every Christmas there is "one game" that turns out to be a hit and to generate great times? And you never know what that "one game" will be. This was the game this year.

The gift that made me laugh the most - and I laughed very hard - was Scoche's gift to Smarty. You'll have to reference her website for this. (Linked from mine if you need to find it.)

Cullen received several toys with a canine theme (not from us!). The most popular was found by his grandparents in a grocery store. Again, you just never know what will be the hit. I'll post those pics on my blog.

I don't know what Cheryl's favorite gift would be. Probably a furniture book that's as heavy as a piece of furniture and, in a pinch, could easily substitute for either a coffee table or even a small porch. She wants to learn all the different styles of furniture as she dreams about our own furnishings. She's very interested in such things.

Joni, thanks for posting the pictures and video!

Kenny

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very fun and busy Christmas. It must be fun to have little ones around again.
Hosanah is adorable!

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone!!!!!

Lisa

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Joni and Charlie,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looks like all of you had a fantastic time!
My fav of the season.. spending the time not shopping but cruising with family.. not just because it was sunny and warm..but because it was a fun relaxing time without the hussle and bustle of the season! Wish you guys could have joined us... maybe next time!

lovetheonly said...

I still don't understand blogging...but ok.
Heres what I've figured out:
1) Post lots of pictures
2) Its confusing


And I've no post for the wedding so you're ok. :D

I'll warn you if I do--but I've gotta figure this place out first. :D