Friday, May 1, 2009

8 (not 7) reasons I prefer FaceBook

Despite the recent additions of Lisa and Jimmy, you may have noticed that I, once an avid user of Blogger, have not been here in recent days. Many recent days, as a matter of fact. The overriding reason is that Facebook is an awesome social network, and its many applications excell and then exceed what Blogger offers:
1) Pictures and Videos upload way faster
2) You can comment on individual pictures, or the "album" as a whole
3) I can "tag" people for photos that I believe they would be particularly interested in
4) FB automatically notifies me (and you) of any comments on something that was responded to. 5) I can use the "link" feature if I want to let people know about a new blog post,
6) It is like being in a big coffee house, sipping Lattes while you go table to table joining various conversations and finding out whats new in peoples lives
7) ALL my friends are there, not just a few. Now I just need family to join
8) You can play scrabble :-)

The solution:
I recommend that you all join facebook and make me your friend. I am there alot, so you can hear all about how I am baking cookies, or feeling tired, or who I think did best on American idol. How interesting is that??? As a bonus you will have automatic access to all my photos without waiting around all the time for updates that never come. (I know you do that!)
Blogger has made significant improvements, to be sure, but as far as picture-sharing and staying in touch with family, which was my primary purpose for being here, it will never be enough.
Hope to see you all over at FB soon!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/

7 comments:

grace said...

woe! A list post!!!! this is...awesome!!!!!!!

Ken said...

7 reasons I prefer to comment on your blog:

1) On Blogger I have been able to fully appreciate and process the many nuances of your thought, muse upon them, and write a response targeted toward a relatively mature audience.

2) Only the best pictures have been selected. It's like visiting a fine art gallery here.

3) No one expects me to say "LOL" or use multiple explanation points.

4) Our family blog system is an amazing network, the envy of all social networks. There is word that Apple wants to aquire the rights.

5) My competitive spirit is so strong that I am prone to want to crush you in Scrabble when I'm on Facebook. And I sense it goes both ways. Here on Blogger, we have the distance needed to interact with each other with a more civil tone.

6) Your blog is linked from my blog, which is the "Google" of the Shomo family world. (Right?)

7) To find your info on Facebook, I have to stumble over Easter eggs, favorite movies, "if you were a tree what kind would you be?", "25 things that are cool about me lol," and so forth.

Ahhhh, Blogger. What a friend you have been. Thank you. Thank you indeed.

Unknown said...

It took me loooong time to get on the bog. Please don't make me change now.
Maybe you can just do both, the blog and facebook. I have missed your postings.

It's Lisa said...

that last post was from me. I don't know how matt's name got up there.

Anonymous said...

I'm considering the move. There are some over in that dark realm I'd like to keep in touch with. But since I am unsocial (not anti-), I prefer this quiet corner over here right now. If I do change, is password portability allowed, my memory is already full.

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

I like both fb and blogs.. so I want you to keep both!

Blogs are more personal and it's like a family scrapbook-- the highlights.
on facebook, it's a daily rundown of who is cleaning the house or sending me some sort of disney gram thing that I have no idea what it is.

I do enjoy facebook .. and it's fun to comment on your pictures and posts there.. but I also like the blog because it's special and only for the chosen few.
I like being the chosen few!

Little Cullen said...

Please keep blogging Aunt Joni.